Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Teapot Designs







So I'm making some teapots in my ceramics class, as a final project. These first 3 photos are of the smaller pot of the 2 that I'm making. They both have the same general shape but will have different handle placements (handles not shown in picture). Also, the small teapot can actually hold 2 different kinds of tea, because it has 2 compartments and 2 spouts. That idea was brought up by a friend who was thinking of ideas for his own pot but I really liked the idea and used it for mine!

I'm pretty excited about them. Right now they're still drying and I have to come with ideas for glazing them, I'm pretty sure I want to keep it pretty simple, maybe even just white. Here are some teapots by other artists, that I really enjoy and what made me want to do a pot:










No comments:

Post a Comment