Wednesday, December 1, 2010

NEW BLOG PURPOSE

Soooo, Slow Jams will now feature any type of work I'm currently working on. Contrary to what this blog was used for before, which was to post new time-based work I was producing in my Tools Materials and Processes III class sophomore year, I will now be showing work in any medium and any class or, more generally, any project that I happen to be working on and would like to share.

I will show works in progress that I am excited about or even perhaps am struggling with so as to put it out in the open and to become more socially aware of my work and myself. This way I hope to feel more comfortable with the idea of people seeing my work and hopefully become more aware of its impact on a more social setting. ALSOOO this will get me in the habit of documenting my work in progress which is an extremely important part of showing an artists work and part of an artists portfolio! and something I've been too lazy to do in the past.

So to clarify, this isn't my portfolio in ANY shape or form, it's more of a tool in my art making process that is open for outsiders to get involved only if they wish.

So, my main purpose for blog now is not to have people read and comment on my work, but develope new habits for myself and experiment with a new tool in the process of making new work. But in case anyone does feel inclined to then I definitely want them to be able to speak their mind.

So, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON OR ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT ANY OF MY WORK.



thanks,
mart

No comments:

Post a Comment