The progression for this has gone from very fast to slow to nill to PICKED UP AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT pace. After planning out the painting it took a few weeks to gather up all the right supplies ie. canvas, projector, paint... and then as soon as everything had fallen into place I began the initial image placement:
image skeleton is painted as well as solid background...
soon after that the base color was being applied to the image which is always a very exciting part because this is when you can begin to see your painting start to look like its final self - even if in a very simple form.
But after all of the base color was layed down things began to slow down and stop. This is very common occurance in ALL my painting processes. I don't know why but this is a point where I usually lose interest! Maybe because it looks like a shittier version of the end product and I'm underwhelmed by it? I think so.
So in the mean time I took up a temporary job with the Ann Arbor Art Fair. For 3 months I didn't even touch this painting and it sat by it's lonesome in my room waiting for it's creator to take pity on it.
So then about a week ago the Art Fair finally happened, it was a huge success (something I'll probably talk about in a later post) and I finally started thinking about my painting again. I picked up my brush and in one sitting tackled the girls face. It felt awesome! She looked better than I could have imagined and then I just started working on the painting everyday. So it's been a week now and so much has progressed and we are close to the end.
I don't want to show you the whole thing right before the end but in this clip you can see the progress really picking up. It's super exciting!
Thanks for the drop in!