Thursday, January 12, 2012

IP: New Semester, New Work

Soooo, I changed my project a bit. I lopped off chunks from the plans I made last semester:

-getting rid of the altar
-getting rid of the "crafty" materials like yarn and nail polish

Some new additions to the project are:

-Terrariums with living plants
-Illustrations both scientific and decorative
-Photographs of idillic landscapes

and then keeping the beetle portraits, dioramas, and obviously sticking with the theme of man's perception of nature.

I started my beetle portraits. I switched over to acrylic paint because nail polish was too hard to deal with in general and wasn't adding much to the overall project.

We'll call this Bug1. I hope to start Bug2 in the next day or so. Along with these larger paintings on wood panels (they're a foot in diameter) I'm also going to be doing some water color bug/animal studies on a much smaller scale. I've already started a few, I'm sure you'll recognize an old friend:

Also on a non-IP note, I'm working on my Jockey painting again. My goal is to FINISH IT this SEMESTERRRR. We'll see if that happens, it's been a sloooooowwww process.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are finishing the jockey painting!
    Good luck with watercolors... they are tricky but so worth it!