Friday, December 2, 2011

Crayon Sketches from John St

So I haven't drawn with crayons in awhile... in fact I haven't drawn much at all in the last year, and for FUN in a loooong time–not in the same way that I used to. SO the other night while relaxing and listening to friends talk I drew drew DREW like a crazy man! The drawings don't all make sense and were very much inspired by phrases I heard my friends saying through-out the conversation.

It was SO FREEING!

I'm going to do it more. For the practice. Practice for my creativity and my technique but mainly to help me break down the pressure I've built up around WHAT I should draw rather than enjoying drawing for the sake of experiment and creativity. I'm trying to make my friends feel ok with letting me put some of their drawings up too buut that may take some encouraging. I'll put more up when I can, hopefully this will get me to have these drawing sessions more often.












No comments:

Post a Comment